Friday, November 18, 2011

smartypants!

Today I got my history paper back I wrote about the Industrial Revolution. I worked very hard on it, almost too hard. I re-read it about 100 times and wanted it to be perfect. When I turned it in to my history T.A., I felt good because I knew how hard I worked on it. I have always struggled with school because I'm not much of a studious person. Always getting average grades, sometimes it would blow my self-esteem. I used to think very negative thoughts about myself such as:
 "I might as well not even try because I know I'm just going to get a C or below..."
or
"My studying skills suck, none of this information is going to stay in my memory so I'm probably going to fail."
 I remember my mom would yell at times especially in high school because she hated when I would be such a debbie downer about myself. I remember it would make me even more stressed out the fact that she would get upset with me.


So... after pretty much slaving over this paper...I got a gorgeous 92%!! When I saw my grade, I was so proud of myself. I am still struggling with my confidence school wise, but when I do well, it really lifts up my spirits and makes me believe that I am a smart person and I can do anything!
  • Lesson of the day: the more belief you have in yourself, the more successful you'll be!

No comments:

Post a Comment