Sunday, November 27, 2011

Powerful





Last night I saw "My Week with Marilyn". I was so excited to see it because I LOVE that woman. I sometimes watch old interviews of her and noticed how beautiful she truly was. Her confidence is what every girl strives for. It's so refreshing especially because she was known for her curves. Today, many celebrities and models are skin and bones. All of the pressures with society today make us think that is the only way to be accepted. Back in September, I wrote a paper for my english class about the views of body types for women through out the years. I said that it is tragic that women have to face so much stress today about always staying a certain way in order to be accepted. I had peer review with a group of guys and I was so excited to hear their opinions about my paper. I mean, what an amazing way to find out the real truth about every girl's insecurity? I remember all of them agreed that men prefer curvy girls rather than stick thin bodies.They love hips, thighs, big boobs, anything. My favorite part of peer review was that they said men who like skinny girls are assholes who are insecure and often don't keep relationships. AMEN.





  • Lesson of the day: Be realisitic about yourself. Imperfection is beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment