Wednesday, February 15, 2012

¡mesa para un! (table for one!)

cinnamon: reducer of blood sugar!

MU

After my 9 am spanish class, I decided to go to the library and study for tomorrow's test. I got my favorite drink, "Third Shift", a cinnamon scone, and greek yogurt. I sat in the "bridge" which I rarely do because it is so noisy but I wanted to go outside of my comfort zone. I'm a cubical type of girl, so this was very different for me. I have never eaten alone  in public since going here, and my friend recently pointed that out about herself. This made me want to try it out. So I sat on a comfy couch-like chair facing a window with a gorgeous view of campus and studied spanish while enjoying my delicious breakfast. While listening to a really chill playlist, I noticed how relaxed I became. My breathing was deep, my body was still, and I was focused on my studying. Also, I actually enjoyed each and every bite of my breakfast. Usually when I go to meals with friends, I look at my plate and my food is gone in an instant not realizing how fast I was eating. My goal for the rest of college is to do this same routine once a week.
  • Lesson of the day: Go on a date with yourself.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment